- The applicant should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National / PIO / OCI.
- NRI applicants can directly apply under ‘NRI Category’ through NRI application form. (https://vit.ac.in/admissions/international/overview)
- Foreign applicants who studied/studying abroad can apply directly through the International application form.(Will be available shortly)
- Applicants whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 2002 are eligible to apply for Engineering admission 2024.
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic.
- Applicants should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counseling/admission, failing which their candidacy for admission will be disqualified.
Applicants applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2024, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE),New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. (Physics & Mathematics – HL, Chemistry – SL)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programmes. Applicants should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
Applicants who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination with grade/CGPA converted to percentage.
For Indian nationals appearance in VITEEE 2024 is mandatory to be eligible for B. Tech. admission.
In case VITEEE 2024 gets cancelled due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE-24 or a valid SAT. Applicants will be informed with specifics in such case.
Qualifying Examination Performance
- Applicants applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2024 should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- Applicants applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2024 should have passed with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST
- Applicants hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. Certificate to prove community / nativity should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
PCMB/PCM applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2024 are eligible for all B. Tech Programmes.
PCMB/PCB applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2024 & PCB applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2024 are eligible only for the following programmes :
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Bioinformatics) VIT, Vellore
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering (Biomedical Engineering) VIT, Vellore
- B.Tech. Bioengineering (VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Health Informatics) VIT-Bhopal